Wednesday, October 5, 2022

Pleasant and Interesting

Pleasant and Interesting

Colossians 4: Be wise in the way you act toward those who are not believers, making good use of every opportunity you have. Your speech should always be pleasant and interesting, and you should know how to give the right answer to everyone.

 

============

 

Smalltalk did not seem natural to me. I was at a gathering where I was the guest. I did not have any conversation starters. Then someone asked me about the “game.” I did not see that sporting event so I was at a loss for words.

 

I felt awkward.

I felt embarrassed.

I did not know what to say and I wanted out of there.

 

Paul expresses the need to be “pleasant and interesting” in terms of conversation, especially toward those who are unbelievers. This was important to “make good use of every opportunity.”

 

My Observations

GOD wants me to treat everyone as special.

Conversations with strangers can be interesting within itself.

I must be ready to answer why I believe in JESUS at all times, even with strangers.

 

Speaking with strangers is not always comfortable. I mean, trying to “be interesting” could lead to awkward interactions versus natural. I may try too hard and come across in a weird way. But adding “pleasant” to my “interest” in the person makes the conversation flow.

 

Genuine interest in the wellbeing of others reduces the awkwardness. If anyone asks about my belief, GOD will give me the right answer. I am glad GOD puts interesting people in my path.

 

Challenge

What opportunity is the writer speaking of?

How do you feel talking to strangers?

Will you become interested in others so you can be ready with the Gospel when given the “opportunity?”

No comments:

Post a Comment