Thursday, December 15, 2022

From Worry to Wonder

 

From Worry to Wonder

1 Thessalonians 5: 23 May the God who gives us peace make you holy in every way and keep your whole being—spirit, soul, and body—free from every fault at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 24 He who calls you will do it, because he is faithful.

25 Pray also for us, friends.

26 Greet all the believers with the kiss of peace.

27 I urge you by the authority of the Lord to read this letter to all the believers.

28 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you.

 

============

 

As I sat in the window, I noticed a distinction between the ray of sunlight and the cool of the shade. All of my cares and worries seem to melt away as I just sat there. Then I pondered what it would be like to have no worries, pain or sickness. It felt great just thinking of it.

 

  • I felt freed just thinking about a time without worry.
  • I felt lighter just thinking about a time when pain does not exist.
  • I felt at peace just thinking about a time without ailments or sickness.

 

Paul closes the letter with input from Silas and Timothy. They closed this with a brief prayer all readers that GOD gives peace, make us holy and keep our whole being, spirit, soul and body, from every fault. They knew that one day the LORD JESUS would return.

 

My Observations

  • GOD is willing to grant me peace when I seek HIM.
  • GOD is willing to make me holy even when I have a mountain of sins.
  • GOD is willing to keep my whole being – spirit, soul and body -- free from every fault.

 

Peace is possible in times of trouble. I mean, when I look at the waves and currents of this trial and that one, I can feel lost, worried and alone. BUT GOD has a remedy. JESUS.

 

One day JESUS will return with all power and authority. HE was placed above everything that causes pain, worry and sickness. HE will see only HIS grace HE has for me and for those who seek HIS mercy. HE is the ultimate forgiver and gives peace in the middle of the storm. I gladly accept HIS peace and wonder how great it will be when HE returns.

 

Challenge

  • What is the writer trying to convey through this mini prayer?
  • Have you ever gotten overwhelmed with the worries of life?
  • Will you receive GOD’s peace by letting go of everything you are trying to control and allowing HIM to make you holy and keep your whole being so you will be faultless at the coming of the LORD JESUS CHRIST?

No comments:

Post a Comment