Thursday, December 29, 2022

You ARE Special

You ARE Special

2 Thessalonians 1: 13 But we are bound to give thanks to God always for you, brethren beloved by the Lord, because God from the beginning chose you for salvation through sanctification by the Spirit and belief in the truth, 14 to which He called you by our gospel, for the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. 15 Therefore, brethren, stand fast and hold the traditions which you were taught, whether by word or our epistle.

 

============

 

Feeling lonely, I sought out people who would be “friendly.” When I found a group, I was always welcome, but something was missing. Each group seemed similar, promoting “unity” and “service” But was there more.

 

  • I felt there had to be more than being in a group.
  • In some groups, I felt lonelier because something was missing.
  • I noticed some people made the “group” their purpose in life, but there had to be more.

 

Paul, Silas and Timothy express their gratitude for those who believe in JESUS as the Savior. They explain how GOD has called people for a purpose and set them apart for HIS own. They also urge the people to stay special by learning about JESUS.

 

My Observations

  • Thankfulness for others stretches beyond any group I can get into.
  • GOD chose me for salvation and set me apart by the SPIRIT and belief in the truth.
  • Glory of our LORD JESUS CHRIST is given to me because GOD chose me.

 

GOD chose you and that is what makes you special. I mean, groups can make me feel special for a moment, but something will always be missing, namely GOD. I know I have to remain on this earth and live in the world, so GOD doesn’t mind me socializing. But that is not my purpose.

 

From the time I was born until the time JESUS returns, GOD gives me purpose. HE will examine every word and deed to see if HE is involved. All the things I thought were “special” may not be to HIM. HE will reward me for the things I truly did in HIS name. I am grateful GOD holds onto me even when I let go of HIM.

 

Challenge

  • What is the calling the writers are speaking about?
  • Have you ever been part of a group yet felt a higher calling?
  • Will you fulfill your purpose by letting go of the world’s solutions and focus on what GOD has called you to do today?

No comments:

Post a Comment