Monday, December 12, 2022

Idle, Timid and Weak

Idle, Timid and Weak

1 Thessalonians 5: 14 We urge you, our friends, to warn the idle, encourage the timid, help the weak, be patient with everyone. 15 See that no one pays back wrong for wrong, but at all times make it your aim to do good to one another and to all people.

 

============

 

Sitting in the corner, alone, a teacher noticed me, took my hand and brought me over to other people. I wanted to interact, but did not know how. I was shy, frail and did not know what to say. “you want to play?” were the words of others.

 

  • That was an enjoyable day.
  • I did not know how to get myself into the crowd.
  • I felt that I would not be accepted.

 

Paul, Silas and Timothy give another stern warning, but on a much lighter note. They urged everyone to “warn the idle, encourage the timid and help the weak.” Instead of seeking the rich and powerful, they urged everyone to seek those who are in need.

 

My Observations

  • My patience is required when seeking those who are idle about speaking about the LORD.
  • I must overlook wrong and do what is right according to the LORD.
  • Doing good is the aim for me and GOD provides those HE wants to draw to HIMSELF.

 

Idle, timid and weak people seem like a strange audience to seek. I mean, to get ahead, don’t you have to be connected to the powerful and noisy? No. GOD has a vast harvest, but the laborers are few. HE know there are plenty of people who sit idle, waiting on HIM.

 

HE wants those in wait to get up and use their gifts and talents for HIM. HE also wants those who have been discouraged to be encouraged that HE is with you. Lastly, HE desires those who have tried and tired and failed, to be strengthened to get up and try again, knowing it’s not your power, but HIS love that will overcome all. I am glad GOD cares more than I ever could.

 

Challenge

  • Why do you think the writers are so urgent?
  • Have you ever been overlooked, misunderstood or shy?
  • Will you seek those who need to speak about GOD, but they are idle and those who are discouraged and need encouragement and those who are weak and strengthen him or her with GOD’s unchanging love today?

No comments:

Post a Comment