Thursday, December 22, 2022

Looking Forward

Looking Forward

2 Thessalonians Concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered together to be with him: I beg you, my friends, not to be so easily confused in your thinking or upset by the claim that the Day of the Lord has come. Perhaps it is thought that we said this while prophesying or preaching, or that we wrote it in a letter. Do not let anyone deceive you in any way. For the Day will not come until the final Rebellion takes place and the Wicked One appears, who is destined to hell. He will oppose every so-called god or object of worship and will put himself above them all. He will even go in and sit down in God's Temple and claim to be God.

 

============

 

Racing to the location, I was upset that everything was gone. I had missed the carnival that I was looking forward to. “Why are you upset?” a neighbor asked. I explained my sadness and she told me “The carnival has been postponed and will be here later.”

 

  • I thought I missed something.
  • I was really looking forward to having some fun.
  • I was upset because I thought I had missed what I was looking forward to.

 

Paul, Silas and Timothy address a concern relating to the Day of the LORD. This Day is set aside for the return of the LORD. Times must have been difficult and the people thought they had missed CHRIST’s return. They needed some assurance.

 

My Observations

  • JESUS will return some day for us, but before this happens, things will get worse.
  • GOD wants me to remain faithful and to stay focused on the salvation of JESUS.
  • Looking forward to CHRIST’s return helps me keep the hope that HE has given me.

 

Let’s face it, times seem more and more difficult than before. Complex issues are the norm and confusion seems to be the expectation. BUT GOD is not the author of confusion.

 

HE wants everyone who believes in JESUS for salvation to understand there is an enemy, Satan, who opposes all that is good. Satan will stop at nothing to keep people confused, mislead and misdirected to look to themselves as the answer.

 

He tries to set up shop in our hearts as GOD to tear us away from the MOST HIGH. I am glad GOD holds onto me and you and I look forward to continuing to serve HIM while I wait.

 

Challenge

  • What confusion about the LORD’s return do the writers speak about?
  • Has there been confusion who and what GOD is?
  • Are you confused and upset?
  • Will you place your trust in the LORD so HE can guide you to peace, knowing HE has you?

No comments:

Post a Comment