Friday, December 30, 2022

Comforted and Established

Comforted and Established

2 Thessalonians 1: 16 Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, 17 comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work.

 

============

 

Directionless, penniless and hopeless was where I had gotten. Bills kept coming and creditors kept calling, yet I had no way to give them any money and I had no job. Parties seemed to be more of a nuisance than consolation, but that’s all I knew at the time.

 

  • I wanted some relief.
  • I wanted to not have any worries, but had plenty.
  • I wanted to be out of the trial, but had no way out, or so I thought.

 

Paul, Silas and Timothy gave a small prayer to those who believe in JESUS as the Savior. They explained that JESUS and GOD the FATHER have shown mankind a great amount of love, consolation and hope. Now they ask for “comfort” and to “establish you in every good word and work.”

 

My Observations

  • GOD the FATHER, GOD the SON and GOD the HOLY SPIRIT agreed on what it would take to love me and console me and to give me hope.
  • Even when I experience trouble, the HOLY SPIRIT provides me with comfort.
  • GOD establishes me in HIS plan to provide a good word and a good work.

 

All good things come from GOD. I mean, love, everlasting consolation, hope and grace seem to be wonderful things to accept as a gift from a loving GOD. Unfortunately, my worries or desires get in the way. I blame GOD, doubt GOD or walk away from GOD when things are not going as I wanted them to. BUT GOD is merciful.

 

HE sees me with HIM in eternity because I believe I need a Savior, which is JESUS CHRIST. HE consoles my every regret. HE comforts my heart and give me a word to give to others. HE then gives me purpose which is my work. I am grateful for GOD doing everything to keep me with HIM.

 

Challenge

  • Can you feel the love GOD is trying to give you through the writers?
  • Have you ever had a time when you doubted GOD, got mad at HIM or threatened to leave HIM?
  • Will you accept HIS wonderful gift of love, everlasting consolation, good hope, grace, comfort, good word and good work today?

 

Prayer

Dear LORD please bless this reader with YOUR comfort today. Address all worries he or she may have. Provide the comfort that only comes from YOU. Open our eyes to your plan so we may do the work YOU desire. amen

No comments:

Post a Comment