Tuesday, January 3, 2023

Momentum

Momentum

2 Thessalonians 3: Finally, our friends, pray for us that the Lord's message may continue to spread rapidly and be received with honor, just as it was among you. Pray also that God will rescue us from wicked and evil people; for not everyone believes the message.

 

============

 

After church, we were headed somewhere to eat. Distracted by the destination, I overlooked the fact that the car was running out of gas. I glanced at the gas gauge and it was below empty. I quickly got off at the next exit and headed to the closest gas station. The car shut off just as we approached the station, but the momentum carried us a few feet from of the pump.

 

  • I am glad the car was already in motion.
  • I am also glad my family was not stuck on the side of the road.
  • I thank GOD the car had enough momentum to get us to the detoured destination.

 

Paul, Silas and Timothy asked for prayer. They knew the Gospel was spreading rapidly and wanted this momentum to continue. They also asked that the barriers of evil people, who try to slow down or stop the momentum, be removed.

 

My Observations

  • Tiredness and weariness can set in when I try to spread the Gospel of JESUS.
  • Prayer is always welcome, asking GOD to provide resources to spread HIS wonderful message.
  • Removal of evil people who make barriers to receiving HIS message of love, is also needed.

 

Spreading the Gospel is a noble and necessary thing to do, but it comes with challenges. I mean, I may work too hard under my own power or face opposition from those who never believed in JESUS in the first place. Both are barriers to spreading GOD’s message.

 

HE wants me to ask for prayer so “we” can have momentum, not just me. When we get excited enough to spread HIS message of love together, HE will provide the increase. HE will also “rescue us from wicked evil people” who oppose HIM at every turn. I gladly accept your prayers to keep the momentum going!

 

Challenge

  • What is the prayer request from the writers?
  • Have you lost your momentum in service to the LORD?
  • Will you pray for “us” so “we” will not lose momentum, rather gain it so “we” can endure those who make barriers to spreading GOD’s message of love today?

No comments:

Post a Comment