Friday, January 6, 2023

Ownership

 Ownership

2 Thessalonians 3: 11 We say this because we hear that there are some people among you who live lazy lives and who do nothing except meddle in other people's business. 12 In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ we command these people and warn them to lead orderly lives and work to earn their own living.

 

============

 

Frustrated with how things were going, I quickly assessed it was someone else’s fault. If this boss would simply act right, then I could climb the ladder faster and higher. I left that job in pursuit of the perfect group, only to be met with zero success. “What is wrong with me?” I finally shouted out.

 

  • I could not fix my problem until I realized I had a problem.
  • I was so busy looking at everyone else, that I took my eyes off of myself.
  • I got comfortable blaming other people and did not own my choices, mistakes or path.

 

Paul, Silas and Timothy give some harsh words to those who refused to work and who were meddling in other people’s business. They provided a solution to “Lazy lives” and “Meddling”, namely ownership.

 

My Observations

  • My complaint about other people is usually a problem within myself that I need to give to the LORD.
  • Any tendency to live a “lazy life” will backfire in my face.
  • GOD wants me to confess ”my” sins so HE will cleanse “me” of all unrighteousness.

 

Ownership starts and stops with me. I mean, when I hear a sermon, it is not about someone else, rather I need to hear the words to grow in areas I am weak. GOD speaks to me daily through HIS word and convicts me in areas HE wants to grow me.

 

When I own my deficiency, HE gives me a workout plan to exercise to. Trial after trial, GOD strengthens me in areas I need to grow. When I can stand up in that area, GOD says “Well done!” I am glad GOD examines me and shows me that I need a perfect GOD to help me with “my” imperfections.

 

Challenge

  • What complaint were the writers trying to address?
  • Have you ever just wanted to be lazy or speak to other people about someone else?
  • Will you take ownership of your relationship with GOD and confess your sins to HIM so HE will be faithful and just to forgive you today?

No comments:

Post a Comment