Thursday, January 12, 2023

Arouse the Love

Arouse the Love

! Timothy 1: I want you to stay in Ephesus, just as I urged you when I was on my way to Macedonia. Some people there are teaching false doctrines, and you must order them to stop. Tell them to give up those legends and those long lists of ancestors, which only produce arguments; they do not serve God's plan, which is known by faith. The purpose of this order is to arouse the love that comes from a pure heart, a clear conscience, and a genuine faith. 

 

============

 

Angered by the driver darting in front of me, I yelled out in fury. “You can’t do that!” was my outburst. But words were not enough. I darted into the next lane, hoping to pass the reckless driver, but traffic did not allow me to “win the prize” of getting in front. I drove angrily the rest of the trip.

 

  • I was affected by something out of my control.
  • I was easily taken away from peace to rage.
  • I wanted to “teach” the driver a lesson, but this lesson had the wrong motive.

 

Paul warns Timothy about those who were practicing false teaching. He sent an order to stop their practice of arguing over lineage. He also told them to focus on faith in JESUS. Lastly, he presents Timothy with purpose.

 

My Observations

  • A pure heart can only be provided by GOD when HE dwells inside me.
  • A clear conscience can only be obtain when GOD forgives me.
  • A genuine faith can only be fostered when it is placed in JESUS.

 

Believing that I am better than someone else because of my ancestors is a lie. I mean, every human is a sinner, so no one is better than the next. JESUS deserves the praise and that should be my focus. HIS love should be aroused in my purpose.

 

HE gave me the HOLY SPIRIT who cleanse my heart when I soil it. HE helps me forgive myself when I fail. HE guides me to the truth which is JESUS, upon which I can place my faith. I am glad GOD’s love is aroused towards me and you.

 

Challenge

  • Why did the writer give the recipient this warning?
  • Have you ever wanted to feel superior to someone else?
  • Will you accept GOD’s purpose for your life and arouse HIS love today?

No comments:

Post a Comment