Friday, January 13, 2023

Turning Back

 

Turning Back

1 Timothy 1: Some people have turned away from these and have lost their way in foolish discussions. They want to be teachers of God's law, but they do not understand their own words or the matters about which they speak with so much confidence.

 

============

 

Host drunken parties and have sex afterwards seemed like a great idea. But after a while, something seemed missing. My life still felt empty. I slowly started praying, but tried to hold onto my party life. Something wasn’t working.

 

  • I wanted to serve GOD and serve my lusts.
  • I wanted to connect to the MODT HIGH with my sinful desires.
  • I wanted to live with purity while being impure.

 

Paul tells Timothy, some people have turned away from a pure heart, clear conscience and genuine faith to pursue what felt right. They had turned away from GOD but wanted GOD’s promises.

 

My Observations

  • GOD wants me to turn to HIM and drop the world’s philosophies.
  • GOD sees my heart and is able to cleanse it of all unrighteousness.
  • GOD always welcomes me back even when I turn away.

 

Trying to serve the world or myself causes problems with my relationship with GOD. I mean, GOD is love and HE is pure love. HE has no sin in HIM, I, on the other hand, have sin in me from birth. There is no way to get rid of my sin by my own power. BUT GOD has a remedy.

 

JESUS decided to save me from my sins. HE sent the HOLY SPIRIT to live in my heart to keep me safe from my sins. HE begs on my behalf when I fall and keeps me strong when I am tempted to turn away from GOD. I owe all to GOD and I gladly serve HIM.

 

Challenge

  • What “way” is the writer speaking about?
  • Have you ever known you were doing something wrong, yet tried to hold onto it and get GOD to do something for you?
  • Will you serve GOD fully by turning back to HIM and allow HIM to help you with self-control today?

No comments:

Post a Comment