Friday, January 20, 2023

First Things First

 

First Things First

1 Timothy 2: First of all, then, I urge that petitions, prayers, requests, and thanksgivings be offered to God for all people; for kings and all others who are in authority, that we may live a quiet and peaceful life with all reverence toward God and with proper conduct. 

 

============

 

When the alarm sounded, I jumped out of bed with my mind racing! I calculated the time it would take to get to my destination so I showered, gathered my stuff and ran to the car. Unexpected traffic hit, so I listened to voicemail and responded to messages. Still stuck in traffic, I called into the meeting I was missing. Chaos and firefighting commenced throughout the day. I was exhausted that night.

 

  • My mind was racing all day.
  • I had not taken a moment to ease into the day.
  • I placed the worries of the day over speaking to the LORD.

 

Paul turns from encouraging Timothy to providing him with valuable instructions on how to lead a group of people in a collected time of worship. “First of all” Paul says, probably meaning this is the most important thing you can do. Speak to the LORD.

 

My Observations

  • Before I do anything, GOD wants me to speak to HIM.
  • Before I begin my day, GOD wants me to ask HIM , pray to HIM, request from HIM and thank HIM.
  • Before I start anything I do, GOD wants me to pray for those in authority, showing my willingness to agree with GOD’s appointment of authority so we can live in peace.

 

Prioritizing speaking to GOD is highly important. I mean, HE wants daily communication with me so I can be successful in all HE wants me to do. Unfortunately, I give in to the world’s pull and I focus on worry, or problems, or sickness or pain. My mind races without rest. BUT GOD gives me a way to have peace.

 

HE simply says “Give it to ME.” But how LORD? “Pray.” Prayer is the only thing that I can manufacture that can make it into heaven. My petition, prayer request and thanksgiving are heard and loved by the MOST HIGH! I am so glad GOD wants me to speak with HIM so HE can hear me and give us a “quiet and peaceful life.”

 

Challenge

  • Why do you think the writer speaks about prayer first?
  • Have you ever ignored GOD and had a bad day, month, year or decade?
  • Will you place speaking to GOD first about your actions so HE will guide you and lead you to a quiet, peaceful life with all reverence toward HIM with proper conduct today?

 

Prayer

Dear LORD, please bless this reader with full knowledge of YOUR plan today. Please guide those who YOU placed in authority to follow YOUR ways so we may have a quiet and peaceful life. We revere and honor you LORD to guide our conduct today. amen

No comments:

Post a Comment