Tuesday, January 10, 2023

Provided For

Provided For

2 Thessalonians 3: 16 May the Lord himself, who is our source of peace, give you peace at all times and in every way. The Lord be with you all.

17 With my own hand I write this: Greetings from Paul This is the way I sign every letter; this is how I write.

18 May the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all.

 

============

 

Ready to do a presentation, I pulled out my ancient laptop. “Sorry, we don’t have that type of connection” were the words I did not like hearing, referring to the type of cable needed to connect to a projector.

 

“Search through your bag for a flash drive” were the words I felt. I dug through my bag and, to my surprise, had one I placed there years ago. I copied my presentation and gave it to the organization.

 

  • What I needed was there all along.
  • I thought my plans would be stopped, but a way was made.
  • This small incident taught me there is always another way.

 

Paul specifically mentions he penned the letter that he collaborated with Silas and Timothy. He ends with a prayer for all believers in JESUS. He asks for peace, for the LORD to be with everyone at all times and for grace.

 

My Observations

  • Sometimes I forget that the LORD is the source of my peace.
  • Grace and peace are always with me even when I mess up.
  • I don’t have to look far for peace or grace because the LORD is always with me.

 

Grace and peace can seem elusive, but that is a lie. I mean, when trials last longer than expected, I may think GOD is withholding HIS peace. I may even start believing the lie that it may have been some sin that I did, or some action I did not do. BUT GOD is gentle.

 

HE simply whispers “Here, have peace” in the middle of the storm. When everyone else is worried, losing sleep and harassed, GOD can provide peace that is strange. HE also gives me unusual grace that covers sins I know about and those I don’t. I am so glad HIS grace is sufficient.

 

Challenge

  • What is the writer’s prayer?
  • Why do you need peace, the LORD to be with you and grace?
  • Will you stop trying to acquire something that is with you at all times and thank GOD for being with you, giving you peace and for HIS grace today?

 

Prayer

Dear LORD, please grant this reader peace today. Grant him or her the knowledge that YOU are there and have been all along. Please let the reader know that YOU will never, ever leave, nor forsake him or her. Thank YOU for YOUR grace. amen

No comments:

Post a Comment