Monday, January 16, 2023

Hidden Teaching

Hidden Teaching

1 Timothy 1: We know that the Law is good if it is used as it should be used. It must be remembered, of course, that laws are made, not for good people, but for lawbreakers and criminals, for the godless and sinful, for those who are not religious or spiritual, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers, 10 for the immoral, for sexual perverts, for kidnappers, for those who lie and give false testimony or who do anything else contrary to sound doctrine. 11 That teaching is found in the gospel that was entrusted to me to announce, the Good News from the glorious and blessed God.

 

============

 

Another wave of trials was hitting. People I knew were getting sick, bills mounted higher and higher and technology was failing. “What is going on!” I said to GOD. I thought maybe I wasn’t  being “good” enough, so I retraced my sinful steps so I could stop doing whatever I was doing.

 

  • I thought I could manipulate GOD into giving me what I wanted by following the Law.
  • I felt even worse when I could not keep the Law well.
  • I wondered if GOD was out to punish me for even the slightest mistake.

 

Paul gives Timothy a warning we can all heed. He tells everyone the difference of the Law versus the Gospel of JESUS. The Law tells us what we did wrong, while the Gospel of JESUS tells us we are forgiven.

 

My Observations

  • JESUS saved me from the consequence of sin.
  • JESUS saved me from the sins I do not know I commit.
  • JESUS saved me from eternal separation from HIS love so I can be with HIM forever.

 

It’s all about JESUS. I mean, when I think I can be “good” enough to change GOD’s mind and have HIM stop the trial, my fake righteousness smells like excrement to HIM. BUT GOD provided me with another way.

 

JESUS is the answer to all my situations. HE took care of all consequence of my sins, past, present and future. HE removed my sins as far as the east is from the west. HE delights in providing grace to me and showers me with peace and hope. I am glad the teaching of the Good News is no longer hidden, rather can be scattered to everyone HE sends me to.

 

Challenge

  • What is the purpose of the Law according to the writer?
  • Have you ever been in trouble and tried to be good for a short period of time?
  • Will you let go of your life and allow the HOLY SPIRIT to guide you so you will stop trying to “feel” forgiven and simply know you ARE forgiven today?

No comments:

Post a Comment