Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Full Patience

Full Patience

1 Timothy 1: 14 And our Lord poured out his abundant grace on me and gave me the faith and love which are ours in union with Christ Jesus. 15 This is a true saying, to be completely accepted and believed: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners. I am the worst of them, 16 but God was merciful to me in order that Christ Jesus might show his full patience in dealing with me, the worst of sinners, as an example for all those who would later believe in him and receive eternal life. 17 To the eternal King, immortal and invisible, the only God—to him be honor and glory forever and ever! Amen.

 

============

 

Stopped at a light, I decided to turn right on red. As I proceeded to turn I felt the car stop. The driving instructor had a separate braking system to keep me from danger. When I looked up, a car, that had the green light, passed through the intersection. He patiently said “Look both ways when turning right on red.”

 

  • I was about to make a huge mistake.
  • I needed correction and patience at the same time.
  • I had to accept that I did something wrong and patiently add this lesson to my skill.

 

Paul recognizes where his talents came from. He regretted his past life, but moved on to the life CHRIST gave him. He spoke about the LORD’s abundant grace, faith and love that is poured out even when we don’t have it for ourselves.

 

My Observations

  • Admitting I was and am a sinner enables me to be cleansed by JESUS, who is faithful and just.
  • Believing that I need CHRIST to forgive me and guide me daily, helps me not waste time on those who make me feel less than my calling.
  • Confessing my flaws to GOD the FATHER, is a privilege I have gained by having a relationship with JESUS.

 

Praise GOD! That had to be said. I mean, HE saw me, pitiful, sinning, scheming, weak and lonely; yet HE said “I want you.” “Why me?” I ask. Then it hit me, it’s because GOD wanted me.

 

HE is so full of grace, that HE can’t seem to contain  it. HE pours it out on me and the result is faith and love because of my union with CHRIST. I am so glad HE has full patience and grace for me and love for me and you!

 

Challenge

  • Can you feel how fired up the writer is?
  • Have you ever felt like a failure because of the past?
  • Are you walking cautiously and not expressing GOD’s faith, nor HIS love?
  • Will you confess your doubt and believe that GOD has patience and called you to the most honorable task of speaking about JESUS, the eternal KING, today?

 

Praise

To the eternal KING, immortal and invisible, the only GOD --- to HIM be honor and glory forever and ever! Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment