Monday, January 23, 2023

Purpose Given

Purpose Given

1 Timothy 2: This is good and it pleases God our Savior, who wants everyone to be saved and to come to know the truth. For there is one God, and there is one who brings God and human beings together, the man Christ Jesus, who gave himself to redeem the whole human race. That was the proof at the right time that God wants everyone to be saved, and that is why I was sent as an apostle and teacher of the Gentiles, to proclaim the message of faith and truth. I am not lying; I am telling the truth!

 

============

 

“Please take notes” were the words asked of me that I was insulted by. I had been invited to a meeting with the highest executives in the company and they only wanted me to take notes!? But after doing it for a while, I realized, I was learning about concerns that I never would have.

 

  • I admit, I did not like my purpose.
  • I wanted to “be” something other than someone else’s lacky.
  • I almost missed something huge by not wanting to start out small and learn.

 

Paul explained purpose. Not just his, but all humans. He explained that GOD “wants everyone to be saved and to come to know the truth.” JESUS took this purpose seriously and took on the sins of mankind to redeem the whole human race. He then proclaims that he too wants this as his purpose.

 

My Observations

  • Without understanding GOD’s desire, I cannot “be” what HE made me for.
  • I have to love what GOD loves in order to see the purpose HE made me for.
  • GOD’s purpose for me may be simpler than I would like it to be, but I may be missing a lesson that would grow me.

 

Wanting to “be” something else can get in the way of my purpose. I mean, wanting to be a celebrity, or have a different shape or to not be what I am can cause me to miss out on the purpose I have been given right here and now.

 

I may be given the opportunity to reach the person in front of me with the greatest message one could ever hear, namely JESUS died for you and me and is alive! Instead, I may grouse about my business or job or family state. GOD forgives me and fills me up to see HIS purpose and wants me to be thankful for being chosen to go out and seek HIS Kingdom.

 

Challenge

  • What do you think is “good and pleasing” to the LORD as the writer puts it?
  • Have you ever wanted to take classes or read books on how to be a better you?
  • Be honest, do you like you?
  • Will you see yourself as GOD sees you and accept your purpose which is to save the lost today?

 

Prayer

Dear LORD, thank you for giving this reader purpose. Help him or her accept YOUR purpose so abundant life can be given. amen

No comments:

Post a Comment