Thursday, January 19, 2023

Conscience Choice

Conscience Choice

1 Timothy 1: 18 Timothy, my child, I entrust to you this command, which is in accordance with the words of prophecy spoken in the past about you. Use those words as weapons in order to fight well, 19 and keep your faith and a clear conscience. Some people have not listened to their conscience and have made a ruin of their faith. 20 Among them are Hymenaeus and Alexander, whom I have punished by handing them over to the power of Satan; this will teach them to stop their blasphemy.

 

============

 

Tired of being a “goody-goody”, I dabbled in some things I was taught to avoid. When I tried them out, nothing happened. I thought a bolt of lightning would hit me in the head, but I was able to “get away” with what I was doing. Though something inside me said “you shouldn’t be doing this” I ignored the words of heed. Soon I found my life in a mess.

 

  • I was on a path to destruction because I would not listen to my conscience.
  • I got practice at not listening to my conscience and became good at doing things that were not good for me.
  • My heart began to turn to stone as I did what I wanted to do.

 

Paul gave a pep talk to Timothy, who may have been experiencing worry over not being listened to as he preached about JESUS. Paul provides Timothy with a balanced approach which included a Godly prophecy, faith and a clear conscience. He taught Timothy to stand firm without harming people.

 

My Observations

  • GOD, the HOLY SPIRIT lives inside me to guide me to a better place.
  • I can choose to listen to the HOLY SPIRIT or ignore HIM.
  • I always, always do well when I listen to the HOLY SPIRIT.

 

Listening to GOD means surrender to my plans. I mean, when I want to do something that is contrary to GOD, I have a choice to listen to my conscience or not. Unfortunately, many times I have chosen to not listen and I found myself with bigger problems. BUT GOD understood.

 

HE corrected me, picked me up from the ashes and gave me a better path. HE provided for me a path to be able to stand firm against things that cause bigger problems. HE fights my spiritual battles and always wins. I am glad HE cares enough to speak to me and you.

 

Challenge

  • What weapons do you think the writer is speaking of?
  • Have you ever been doubted because of your belief in JESUS?
  • Will you stand firm in your belief in JESUS and allow GOD to guide your thoughts so HE will fight your battles today?

No comments:

Post a Comment