Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Thanks for the Appointment

Thanks for the Appointment

1 Timothy 1: 12 I give thanks to Christ Jesus our Lord, who has given me strength for my work. I thank him for considering me worthy and appointing me to serve him, 13 even though in the past I spoke evil of him and persecuted and insulted him. But God was merciful to me because I did not yet have faith and so did not know what I was doing. 

 

============

 

Standing by the fence, I waited to be left out of the recess activity. One of the team captain’s chose me early, to my surprise. “Why me?” I thought to myself. I had no athletic ability. When it was my turn, the ball was rolled and I kicked it over the pitcher’s head! I made it on base and my team cheered! I didn’t know I had it in me.

 

  • I doubted “my” ability.
  • I would not have chosen me, so I would not expect anyone else to.
  • I had nothing to offer, or so I thought.

 

Paul starts praising GOD in the middle of his letter to Timothy. He confessed that he persecuted the church and insulted JESUS by doing so. Yet JESUS, appointed Paul to serve HIM. Paul did not know he had it in him.

 

My Observations

  • My doubts about myself do not change GOD’s mind about HIS appointment for me.
  • GOD sees me different than I see myself.
  • GOD has a special plan and an appointment made just for me.

 

“Who me?” Yes you! But what about “this sin” or “that sin?” you mas ask. GOD saw your sin and mine and still appoints us to HIS calling. HE is the one who provides strength to do HIS work through you and me. HE sees flaws and uses each one to grow a strong kingdom.

 

But there is one thing I must do first, namely confess. I am not worthy of serving the LORD and I have messed up over and over again. But that was before GOD gave me faith that HE has it under control I am HIS and HE is my GOD. I gladly accept HIS appointment for me with full gratitude!.

 

Challenge

  • What is the writer thanking GOD for?
  • Have you ever doubted your abilities, yet GOD chose you to do something anyway?
  • Will you praise GOD for HIS appointment HE has for you to do a marvelous work in you and through you today?

 

Praise

Dear LORD, thank YOU for the appointment YOU have on my life and this reader’s life. Thank YOU for YOUR strength, not ours. Thank YOU for considering us worthy for such an important appointment LORD. We honor YOU, in JESUS name . amen

No comments:

Post a Comment