Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Adopted Family

Adopted Family

1 Timothy 1: From Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by order of God our Savior and Christ Jesus our hope—

To Timothy, my true son in the faith:

May God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord give you grace, mercy, and peace.

 

============

 

Smelling the tasty food being prepared, my stomach growled. I kept peeking at the kitchen wondering what was cooking. “Would you like to stay for dinner?” were the words I had never heard before. “Can I?” I replied! “Sure, let’s ask your parents if it is okay.”

 

  • I was excited to be able to hang out over someone else’s house.
  • I did not know I was being asked into the family versus just getting a meal.
  • I remember many fathers and mothers who adopted me as one of theirs.

 

Paul writes a letter to Timothy, calling him a son. Because of their relationship with JESUS, Paul brings Timothy into his family and provides words of encouragement. mentions his calling by the LORD and associates Timothy to that calling. He wished Timothy the best.

 

My Observations

  • JESUS is my Savior and my hope.
  • I am adopted into a vast family of believers because of GOD’s love for me.
  • I can adopt people into the family and provide GOD’s grace, mercy and peace.

 

Family adoption is necessary. I mean, in this world of hurt, words of encouragement are few and far between. BUT GOD has a remedy. HE wants us to believe in HIS SON as the solution. HE guides each of us to be adopted into a family so we can adopt others into the family.

 

HE provides shelter to those who seek a home. HE adopts the lost, stands him or her up again and wipes away all tears. HE gives purpose so life can be abundant. I am truly grateful for my parents, adopted parents siblings and adopted siblings and all who are in my family, physical and spiritual.

 

Challenge

  • What does the writer want?
  • Have you ever been adopted into a family, even for a moment?
  • Are you willing to bring someone into GOD’s family so he or she can experience GOD’s grace, mercy and peace today?

No comments:

Post a Comment