Thursday, January 26, 2023

Internal Bootcamp

Internal Bootcamp

1 Timothy 3: Church helpers must also have a good character and be sincere; they must not drink too much wine or be greedy for money; they should hold to the revealed truth of the faith with a clear conscience. 10 They should be tested first, and then, if they pass the test, they are to serve. 11 Their wives (or Women helpers) also must be of good character and must not gossip; they must be sober and honest in everything. 12 A church helper must have only one wife,(or married once) and be able to manage his children and family well. 13 Those helpers who do their work well win for themselves a good standing and are able to speak boldly about their faith in Christ Jesus.

 

============

 

Seeing the issues management faced, I thought of things that could have been done better.  I voiced my suggestions, only to have them be met with “maybe later.” But then I was put into management and as the fires raced at me, someone had a suggestion that had nothing to do with my current blaze. “Maybe later” was my response.

 

  • I was not prepared for the problems.
  • I was not prepared for the responsibility.
  • I was not prepared for the issues that would suddenly arise while maintaining the day to day.

 

Paul gives Timothy a list to help people get prepared versus being judged or graded. Since no one was perfect and many people would fail the list, it was easier to point people towards areas to work on internally. If people were willing to do this, they would “do their work well.”

 

My Observations

  • GOD doesn’t need me to be perfect before I give my life to HIM.
  • I have to recognize that I am not perfect and I need to prepare for larger responsibilities.
  • Being prepared may take sincerity, good character, a sober mind, lack of greed, no gossip, honesty, family management and holding to the revealed truth of JESUS with faith.

 

Is this a long list? Yes! But I believe it is not a list for one to observe and judge a person on the worthiness of servanthood, rather “get ready!” Get ready for the things that the enemy will throw at you when you say “Yes” to GOD’s calling. The Devil will throw temptation after temptation after temptation and will not relent. Test yourselves in areas you can easily fall to be ready. I am glad GOD prepares you and me.

 

Challenge

  • Are you prepared for the next level of service?
  • Have you faced the same temptations, issues or problems over and over?
  • Will you accept GOD’s calling to serve and become prepared so you can help others become prepared today?

No comments:

Post a Comment