Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Understanding and Endurance

 

Understanding and Endurance

2 Thessalonians 3:But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen you and keep you safe from the Evil One. And the Lord gives us confidence in you, and we are sure that you are doing and will continue to do what we tell you.

 

May the Lord lead you into a greater understanding of God's love and the endurance that is given by Christ.

 

============

 

“Oh no not this exercise” was my first thought. Being on the track team, we had to warm up with the basketball team by running the length of the basketball court and touching the floor on each side. This meant practice was going to be longer that day.

 

  • I wondered why we had to go through all of those exercises.
  • I could barely finish on the first day, but did better the next time.
  • I did not have much endurance in the beginning, but over time it grew.

 

Paul, Silas and Timothy provide some encouraging words for those who felt like giving up. People may have questioned if what they were doing was right in the eyes of the LORD. Attack after attack from the Evil One may have made them weary. BUT GOD kept them safe and provided strength.

 

My Observations

  • Life’s trials are difficult, BUT GOD is faithful to me and gives me strength.
  • Attacks from the Evil One may happen, BUT GOD is faithful to keep me safe from those attacks.
  • Confusion, disappointments and pain may come, BUT GOD is faithful to give me greater understanding of HIS love and endurance to keep going.

 

Let me be honest, I do not like trials. I mean, it seems like peace comes in tiny waves, while trials come in larger torrents!  I may even cry out “GOD where are YOU!?” and seem to get no answer. BUT HE is there.

 

HE opens my eyes to the many times HE has pulled me out of troubled waters and placed me besides still waters. HE restores my soul. HE reminds me that HIS love endures forever! I am glad GOD is faithful to keep strengthening me and keeping me safe from the attacks of the Evil One.

 

Challenge

  • What strength do the writers speak of?
  • Have you ever felt weak or felt like giving up?
  • Will you seek more understanding of GOD’s love for you so you can be strengthened to endure life’s challenges today?

 

Prayer

Dear LORD, please strengthen this reader and keep him or her safe from the attacks of the Evil One. Please lead us into a greater understanding of YOUR love and give us similar endurance CHRIST had as HE approached death on the cross to provide us life everlasting through HIS resurrection. amen

No comments:

Post a Comment