Monday, January 30, 2023

From the Heart

 

From the Heart

1 Timothy 4: The Spirit says clearly that some people will abandon the faith in later times; they will obey lying spirits and follow the teachings of demons. Such teachings are spread by deceitful liars, whose consciences are dead, as if burnt with a hot iron. Such people teach that it is wrong to marry and to eat certain foods. But God created those foods to be eaten, after a prayer of thanks, by those who are believers and have come to know the truth. Everything that God has created is good; nothing is to be rejected, but everything is to be received with a prayer of thanks, because the word of God and the prayer make it acceptable to God.

 

============

 

Sitting at the dinner table, we all said “grace” before we ate. This was an effort to instill in us to say thank you for the food. But when the food came out, I was all but thankful. As the conversation went on, I sat, not eating. Then when everyone got up, I took the food off my plate and hid it under a seat cushion. “I’ll throw that away later” I said to myself. I forgot, and someone sat on it.

 

  • I was not thankful.
  • I wanted something else, but got what I needed.
  • I went hungry instead of being filled.

 

Paul addressed a concern regarding false teaching. Some people had abandoned the faith and were susceptible to listening to lying demons. Marriage and eating certain types of food was being attacked and taught as a way of life. He explained that food was created by GOD and can be received with a heart of thanks, bot just words.

 

My Observations

  • My thankfulness can be felt by GOD.
  • Even the tiniest bit of thankfulness is pleasing and acceptable to GOD.
  • Receiving things should prompt me to have a spirit of thankfulness.

 

Sometimes it’s heard to be thankful. I mean, when I want that thing over there, but get this thing right here, I may be disappointed. BUT GOD wants me to have a different perspective. HE wants my heart to be ful of thankfulness for HIS creation, namely the people who give to me, versus the gift itself.

 

HE wants me also to see food as acceptable because HE made it.. My heart has to be able to give GOD thanks and HE will be pleased. I thank GOD for all HE provides.

 

Challenge

  • What do you think the writer means by “people will abandon the faith in later times?”
  • Have you ever been worried about certain foods or marriage?
  • Will you be thankful for what GOD has given you and see the many gifts HE has poured out on you throughout your life, so you can praise HIM today?

 

Prayer

Dear LORD, please forgive us for not seeing the many gifts YOU have given us. Thank YOU for all foods YOU provide. YOU make us whole so we can serve you with our whole heart. Thank YOU for blessing this reader. Make him or her whole. amen

No comments:

Post a Comment