Friday, January 27, 2023

Don’t Worry, It’s Witnessed

Don’t Worry, It’s Witnessed

1 Timothy 3: 14 As I write this letter to you, I hope to come and see you soon. 15 But if I delay, this letter will let you know how we should conduct ourselves in God's household, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and support of the truth. 16 No one can deny how great is the secret of our religion:

 

He appeared in human form,
    was shown to be right by the Spirit,
    and was seen by angels.
He was preached among the nations,
    was believed in throughout the world,
    and was taken up to heaven.

 

============

 

Running into the group, I felt I needed to explain what I saw. “We saw it too” were the words given to me as if to say, “Don’t worry about trying to convince us.”

 

  • I thought I was going to have to prove what I saw.
  • I got myself ready to try to explain something that people would not believe.
  • I was relieved other people saw what I saw so there could be no denial of the truth.

 

Paul gives some assurance to Timothy that he would try his best to come there but if he couldn’t, this letter is all he needed. Paul also attempted to rest Timothy’s mind by letting him know that people, angels and GOD HIMSELF gave witness to JESUS who was taken up to heaven in front of many.

 

My Observations

  • JESUS appeared as a human to many people.
  • JESUS was announced as “right” by the SPIRIT.
  • JESUS was and is preached  throughout the world so I do not have to worry about proving it.

 

There is no need to “prove” GOD or what JESUS did for humanity. I mean, three were enough witnesses who saw HIS miracles, spoke about what happened and watched HIM be taken up to heaven. HIS words were powerful and permeates the soul to this very day.

 

No one can deny that “love one another” is the cure for all ills. Unfortunately, humans have a difficult time doing so. I am glad JESUS took care of that too. HE forgave me for all my sins and raises me up with HIM.

 

Challenge

  • Who do you think the writer is speaking about?
  • Have you ever seen something that was amazing and hard to explain, yet had witnesses?
  • Will you rest assured that JESUS died for your sins and is now alive, forgiving you for all your sins, past present and future, today?

No comments:

Post a Comment