Tuesday, December 13, 2022

Question Answered

Question Answered

1 Thessalonians 5: 16 Be joyful always, 17 pray at all times, 18 be thankful in all circumstances. This is what God wants from you in your life in union with Christ Jesus.

 

============

 

Walking outside to the parking lot, I noticed my window had been broken out and my cassette tapes had been stolen. Yeah I said tapes. At work, I got news that the project was not going well. I got home and all I had in the fridge was eggs. I boiled them and fell asleep. I woke up to exploded burnt eggs. “What do YOU want from me!” I angrily said to GOD.

 

  • I had plenty to complain about.
  • I told people about one calamity, then another would hit.
  • I questioned why I was going through this by asking “What do YOU want from me?”

 

Paul, Silas and Timothy gave some advice to everyone who asked the question “What does GOD want from me?” Their simple words are not so easy to put into practice, but the perspective can change how circumstances are seen.

 

  • GOD wants me to be joyful versus happy because joy cuts through pain.
  • GOD wants me to pray at all times, asking HIM how HE wants to handle the bad and good situations.
  • GOD wants me to be thankful in all circumstances, seeing HIM work through very difficult situations as well as peaceful ones.

 

Joy, prayer and thankfulness do not seem like powerful weapons, but they are. I mean, when I seek happiness, fulfilled desires and accolades, I run into those who seek the same and would do anything to rob others of theirs. I also rely on my own thoughts and power which makes me run out of fuel and question GOD. BUT HE has another way.

 

GOD wants my life to have light burdens, but understands there is an enemy, Satan, who will stop at nothing to keep me from praising JESUS. GOD gives me joy, prayer and thankfulness to battle worry, hatred, doubt and all ills of life. I am glad GOD wants me to have a relationship with HIS SON and wants simple things from me.

 

Challenge

  • Why do the writers use “always” and “all times” and “all circumstances?”
  • Have you ever felt like not praying or wanting to be angry or wanting to just be alone in your pity?
  • Will you take the burden off of yourself and replace it with joy through prayer and thankfulness so GOD can unite you with the power of CHRIST JESUS today?

 

Prayer

Dear LORD, thank YOU for this reader. Thank YOU for keeping him or her in the palm of YOUR hands. Thank YOU for joy and for opening the door to listen. We praise YOU today. amen

No comments:

Post a Comment