Friday, December 16, 2022

Rest

Rest

2 Thessalonians 1: From Paul, Silas, and Timothy—

To the people of the church in Thessalonica, who belong to God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ:

May God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ give you grace and peace.

 

============

 

Thinking of the many problems life had thrown at me, I laid awake at night. Knowing I had to go to work made me more anxious as I saw the hours tick away. “Maybe if I do some work” was my thought to get whatever was bugging me off my mind. I found myself working almost twenty four hours a day.

 

  • I could not rest.
  • I could not stop thinking about the many problems I faced.
  • I could not solve or resolve any of the problems, so rest seemed elusive.

 

Paul, Silas and Timothy begin another letter to the Thessalonians with a miniature prayer. They knew times were difficult. They wished for all who belong to GOD our Father and the LORD JESUS CHRIST to be given grace and peace.

 

My Observations

  • Life can be difficult, BUT GOD wants me to have peace which only comes from HIM.
  • My sins may cause me to lose sleep, BUT GOD wants me to know HIS grace is sufficient.
  • Worry, rage, doubt and disillusion may appear all around me, BUT GOD wants me to accept HIS grace and peace.

 

Knowing I am forgiven and that my troubles are temporary gives me grace and peace. I mean, I can confess my sins directly to GOD the FATHER because I believe JESUS died and rose for my sins. JESUS volunteered to die as a human because HE created them in the first place. HIS resurrection gives me the ability to be forgiven.

 

The HOLY SPIRIT was given to me as my Comforter. HE lives inside me and pleads on my behalf due to the many sins I commit. HE convicts me once, then guides me to peace versus harassment over the sin I commit over and over. I am glad GOD the FATHER, GOD the SON and GOD the HOLY SPIRIT are one and agree to give me grace and peace.

 

Challenge

  • Why do the writers start with this miniature prayer?
  • Have you ever lost sleep because of life’s circumstances?
  • Will you give all of your circumstances to GOD who is willing to forgive you and give you grace and peace today?

No comments:

Post a Comment