Wednesday, December 21, 2022

Fulfilled

 

Fulfilled

2 Thessalonians 1: 11 That is why we always pray for you. We ask our God to make you worthy of the life he has called you to live. May he fulfill by his power all your desire for goodness and complete your work of faith. 12 In this way the name of our Lord Jesus will receive glory from you, and you from him, by the grace of our God and of the Lord Jesus Christ.

 

============

 

Life had gotten hard during this stretch of time. My car was barely working, I had debt up to my ears and barely enough income to pay monthly bills. I watched a commercial of people winning large sums of money by simply having a magazine subscription. I tried it, no payoff. I played the lottery in months to follow. I bought one ticket. Each number miraculously was off by one digit.

 

  • I was jealous of someone “winning” money.
  • I was frustrated that I had no money and no way to get out of debt, or so I thought.
  • I wondered why “everyone else” seemed to be doing better than me.

 

Paul, Silas and Timothy provide a prayer for everyone who believes in JESUS as the Savior. They knew it is not possible for a human to be worthy of GOD’s calling, so they prayed for GOD to make them worthy. They also prayed for desires for goodness to be fulfilled by GOD and for everyone to complete their work of faith.

 

My Observations

  • Life is more than money and GOD wants me to be fulfilled by desiring what HE thinks is good.
  • Only GOD can declare me “worthy” of the life HE called me to.
  • Tasks given to me by GOD require my work of faith.

 

Life is not easy. I mean, it seems when one challenge is over, another pops up. Why can’t things just be peaceful? But they are sometimes turbulent. GOD sees when I look at life on the surface and get worried. HE provides an answer.

 

GOD calls me to serve HIS people. Wait… Don’t I have problems? Yes, BUT GOD sees beyond my problems and knows the true reward HE is storing up for me in heaven. HE places the HOLY SPIRIT inside me to prompt me to desire goodness and to complete my work of faith. I am glad GOD cares enough for me to call me to do HIS work.

 

Challenge

  • What are the writers praying about?
  • Have you ever felt your life is unfulfilled?
  • Will you ask GOD to guide your desires to HIS goodness so HE will give you a work of faith to do, so your life will be abundant and fulfilled today?

 

Prayer

Dear LORD, please bless this reader with a calling that is worthy to YOU. Bless him or her to be fulfilled by desiring YOUR goodness. Clear the path to help us complete our work of faith. amen

No comments:

Post a Comment