Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Evidence


John 20: Peter therefore went out, and the other disciple, and were going to the tomb. So they both ran together, and the other disciple outran Peter and came to the tomb first. And he, stooping down and looking in, saw the linen cloths lying there; yet he did not go in. Then Simon Peter came, following him, and went into the tomb; and he saw the linen cloths lying there, and the handkerchief that had been around His head, not lying with the linen cloths, but folded together in a place by itself. Then the other disciple, who came to the tomb first, went in also; and he saw and believed. For as yet they did not know the Scripture, that He must rise again from the dead. 10 Then the disciples went away again to their own homes.

============

“Seek proof” was the bad advice I took to heart. I listened to a suspicious person and became suspicious. From that moment on, I asked more questions, trying to get to the bottom of “this”, whatever “this” was.

  • There were many times I did not believe.
  • There were many times I sought after evidence.
  • There were many times that I wasted time in disbelief only to find out later I should have believed all the time.


Two zealous disciples heard the news about JESUS’ missing body. They ran to the tomb, one outrunning the other, and observed the heavy bandages laying all over the place. The handkerchief that was on JESUS’s head was folded. One disciple immediately believed that JESUS had arose.

  • GOD wants me to believe as a child with immediacy and without question.
  • GOD wants my faith to grow so I do not need evidence to know HE has what’s best in mind for me.
  • GOD wants me to acknowledge I do not know everything,  but HE definitely does.


Evidence of GOD can be seen just by using our senses. Every texture, odor, sound, flavor or observation screams GOD is right there with me. Unfortunately the world dullens my senses, stealing the glory from GOD, making me seek which human can get the trophy of discovery.

We seek evidence that GOD has already told us and reward humans for finding what is already there. BUT GOD enables pure belief and makes it available to anyone who wants it. HE rewards me for seeking HIM without the need for evidence. I drop my suspicions, little by little. One day I want pure belief.

  • Are you a suspicious person?
  • Do you thrive on evidence?
  • Will you seek GOD today without needing as much evidence?


No comments:

Post a Comment