Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Powered By


John 21: After these things Jesus showed Himself again to the disciples at the Sea of Tiberias, and in this way He showed Himself: Simon Peter, Thomas called the Twin, Nathanael of Cana in Galilee, the sons of Zebedee, and two others of His disciples were together. Simon Peter said to them, “I am going fishing.”

They said to him, “We are going with you also.” They went out and immediately got into the boat, and that night they caught nothing. But when the morning had now come, Jesus stood on the shore; yet the disciples did not know that it was Jesus. Then Jesus said to them, “Children, have you any food?”

They answered Him, “No.”

And He said to them, “Cast the net on the right side of the boat, and you will find some. So they cast, and now they were not able to draw it in because of the multitude of fish.

============

Seeing traffic was getting clogged up, I exited the expressway. “Maybe the side streets will get me there faster”, I thought to myself. Stopped at numerous lights, I glanced at the slow, but steady movement on the freeway. They were going faster than I was.

I got to work later than ever. I thought missed my opportunity to meet with the person deciding if I would stay at the company or go.. I arrived just before the person and we met in the hallway. “Good timing” the person said. They invited me to move with the company as a promotion.

  • Sometimes I try to fix things on my own power.
  • Sometimes I think my power is what gets me places.
  • Sometimes I work out plans to get myself out of situations only to make matters worse.


Peter and other disciples decided to go fishing. They were experienced fishermen and tried the same old techniques. JESUS appeared on the shore and told them to try the other side of the boat. They had fished all night. How was this going to work? And Why now? It gained them more fish than ever before.

  • JESUS says to me, “Believe in MY power.”
  • JESUS says to me, “I see your desire and I want what is best for you.”
  • JESUS says to me, “I AM excited to show you MY power daily.”


Giving myself too much credit causes me to worry when it comes to the next problem. I mean, I may think I fixed that last problem, but when something bigger comes along, I feel overwhelmed. GOD wants me to give HIM credit for the little things so I can have faith that HE will take care of the big things. It is not my power but GOD’s that saves me and fixes everything.

  • Are you trying to control your life?
  • Do you think it was your power or another human’s ability that fixed the situation?
  • Will you open your eyes and see GOD touching every situation?
  • Will you let go and allow GOD to show HIS power today?


No comments:

Post a Comment