Thursday, February 20, 2020

Shared Recollections


Shared Recollections
Acts:1: The former account I made, O Theophilus, of all that Jesus began both to do and teach, until the day in which He was taken up, after He through the Holy Spirit had given commandments to the apostles whom He had chosen, to whom He also presented Himself alive after His suffering by many infallible proofs, being seen by them during forty days and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God.

============

“Did you hear that?” one friend said to me. “Yes” I replied nervously as we kept going deeper into the house. Suddenly we heard “Boo!” and I jumped and ran out of the house. When I crossed the street, I looked back only to see pranksters laughing. My friend and I were dared to go into the “haunted house” which turned out to be an unlocked dilapidated abandoned house.

  • I remember sharing this story with those friends.
  • I remember sharing details of other situations we went through together.
  • I remember being corrected because I had only some of the details while others had different pieces.


The writer begins the letter talking about JESUS. The recollection includes vital information that could be verified by others. It also mentions that many saw JESUS for forty days after HE was resurrected.

  • JESUS says to me “Gather together” so when HE does amazing things, I can see it with others.
  • JESUS says to me “Where two or more are gathered together in MY name, there I AM.”
  • JESUS says to me “I chose you before the foundations of the world to be MY witness.”


Anyone can recall things by themselves, but this only brings glory to that one person. BUT GOD wants to show HIMSELF to many. HE wants at least two people to agree about what GOD is doing and will do. This way there is no room for manipulation.

GOD already does amazing things. HE does not need anyone making up wild stories about HIM to make themselves look good. HE wants me to seek the truth each day and share HIS blessings with others. I am grateful GOD gave “us” this day our daily bread.

  • Do you feel tempted to be alone?
  • Do you feel so ashamed that you want to be by yourself?
  • Will you accept the calling to be with people so GOD can be glorified through all who are gathered in HIS name?


No comments:

Post a Comment