Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Examples


John 21: 25 And there are also many other things that Jesus did, which if they were written one by one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that would be written. Amen.

============

In the middle of the argument, I sited examples of what “I” was doing well and what the other person was doing wrong. This justification would surely bring reason to the situation. Wrong! It only made matters worse. “I wonder if I should have used better examples” I said to myself.

  • There have been many times when I have tried to be heard.
  • There have been many times when I stated things in the past to get my point across.
  • There have been many times when I told GOD to look at the pitiful good things I just did to offset the mountain of sins I committed.


JESUS did far more than what is written. HE still does. Every hair that is grown is under HIS command. The FATHER gave it all to HIM. Every heartbeat, every breath of air is all HIS. What can I hold onto? Nothing.

  • GOD wants me to truly realize everything is HIS.
  • GOD wants me to stop trying to hold onto people, jobs, money and health, that are not mine to hold onto.
  • GOD wants me to give myself to HIM and use my life to point to the few examples that are written about HIM.


When GOD says “love is patient, kind and keeps no record” why do I think HE is punishing me for “that” sin? Or, better yet, why do I think “that” person deserves to be punished for their sins? GOD did amazing things that are not written. HE wants me to focus on those things rather than on sins HE hasn’t even recorded. JESUS is my amazing Savior!

  • When is the last time you looked at the many things JESUS has done in your life?
  • Will you take a moment to look back at the many things HE has done for you and others?
  • Will you praise GOD out loud today without feeling embarrassed?


No comments:

Post a Comment