Friday, February 7, 2020

Equipped with peace


John 20: 19 Then, the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled, for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood in the midst, and said to them, “Peace be with you.” 20 When He had said this, He showed them His hands and His side. Then the disciples were glad when they saw the Lord.

21 So Jesus said to them again, “Peace to you! As the Father has sent Me, I also send you.” 22 And when He had said this, He breathed on them, and said to them, “Receive the Holy Spirit. 23 If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven them; if you retain the sins of any, they are retained.”

============

Unsettled, I could not sleep. There were so many thing I had to worry about, I could not find rest. I mean, what am I to do about declining health, waning wealth, increased pressure and broken relationships? All attempts for me to “fix” them satisfactorily for all involved have failed.

  • There have been many times when I have worried.
  • There have been many times when I have been filled with fear about the future.
  • There have been many times when I could not see any solution to the situations because there were too many.


Hidden from the Jews, the disciples did not know what to do next. JESUS, who performed all kinds of miracles, was dead in their minds. How can they protect themselves? JESUS appeared in the locked room and gave them some things that they needed.

  • JESUS shows me HE cares for me by seeking me daily.
  • JESUS gave me the HOLY SPIRIT so I do not have to rely on my own power.
  • JESUS sends me out with a purpose to forgive those HE has forgiven.


Forgiveness brings peace. This can only come from the HOLY SPIRIT who reminds me about what JESUS did for me. I mean, if I am enraged or filled with fear or lost, the HOLY SPIRIT calms me down by saying “Peace to you.” This peace is actually equipment I can use versus something that is fleeting.

When I use peace as a tool, I can allow the situation to play itself out, knowing GOD has the best outcome already taken care of. The outcome may not be the one “I” choose, but I have noticed GOD’s choices are always the best choices. I receive HIS peace today.

  • Are you losing sleep?
  • Are you worried about the future?
  • Will you stop dwelling in GOD’s realm, namely the future and focus on the present where HE gives you peace through the HOLY SPIRIT?


No comments:

Post a Comment