Friday, February 14, 2020

As You Are


John 21: 11 Simon Peter went up and dragged the net to land, full of large fish, one hundred and fifty-three; and although there were so many, the net was not broken. 12 Jesus said to them, “Come and eat breakfast.” Yet none of the disciples dared ask Him, “Who are You?”—knowing that it was the Lord. 13 Jesus then came and took the bread and gave it to them, and likewise the fish.

14 This is now the third time Jesus showed Himself to His disciples after He was raised from the dead.

============

Thinking I had to be just like other people, I mimicked several folk’s moves. I wore the styles of one person, talked like another, and discussed car desires of another. An observer, who knew me before I started mimicking, asked “What are you doing?” I said I wanted to be successful. They replied, “Just be yourself.”

  • At one point I thought I did not have what it took to be successful.
  • At one point I thought I had to be like someone else, because I felt the way I was could not possibly be successful.
  • At one point I desired to be successful, but was scared that people would see my flaws.


Peter came to his senses and started helping drag the huge catch of fish to shore. Not only did they catch one hundred and fifty-three fish, something amazing happened. The net did not break. The net was just as it was before, but did amazing things.

  • GOD wants to use me just as I am.
  • GOD wants to do amazing things through me without needing me to be someone else.
  • GOD wants me to point people to HIS power and only I can reach a certain group of people HE has given to me.


When JESUS called HIS disciples, HE never said, “Change for ME” rather HE said “Follow ME.” This bold statement enables me to remain who I am, yet follow HIS examples. HE also takes care of the miracles. The miracle of the net shows me HE can take my pitiful efforts and use them for miraculous things. I am glad GOD delivers, every time, in miraculous ways.

  • Do you feel inadequate?
  • Do you think you cannot possibly be used for something large?
  • Will you stop thinking it is your power that makes you succeed rather GOD’s power?

No comments:

Post a Comment