Thursday, February 13, 2020

Taken Care Of


John 21: Therefore that disciple whom Jesus loved said to Peter, “It is the Lord!” Now when Simon Peter heard that it was the Lord, he put on his outer garment (for he had removed it), and plunged into the sea. But the other disciples came in the little boat (for they were not far from land, but about two hundred cubits), dragging the net with fish. Then, as soon as they had come to land, they saw a fire of coals there, and fish laid on it, and bread. 10 Jesus said to them, “Bring some of the fish which you have just caught.”

============

Waiting in line at the toll nearest work, my mind raced with the projects I was working on. I finally stopped thinking long enough to notice the car in front of me was taking longer than normal. “What is taking them so long?” I said out loud impatiently to myself. When I got to the toll window, the person said “You can go through. The person ahead of you paid your toll.”

  • There were times when I received more than I gave.
  • There were times when I received an unexpected windfall.
  • There were times when I received something wonderful that I did not deserve.


JESUS filled the nets of the disciples after they abandoned the idea of following HIM. I mean, HE was dead. Would you blame them? One disciple recognized JESUS on the shore and told Peter, who immediately jumped in the water to get to JESUS. He abandoned the great catch, seeking what he had been looking for. JESUS had even more fish and bread for them.

  • GOD wants to bless me wildly.
  • GOD wants to give me abundant life.
  • GOD wants to see me elated within HIS mighty will.


In the middle of discouragement, JESUS appears, ready to pick me up to serve HIM. HE guides me to a plan that I usually do not understand. Something as simple as smiling when everyone is frowning may seem powerless, BUT GOD uses it to disarm those who are battling with HIM.

JESUS knows exactly what I want and need, HE wants me to be excited enough to jump in and follow HIM. HE has given me plenty and has even more to give to me. HE has taken care of me and all my situations.

  • Are you in a period where your faith is waning?
  • Do you see only trouble around you?
  • Will you open your eyes and see the mighty hand of GOD, protecting you, guiding you and giving to you today?


No comments:

Post a Comment