Monday, February 3, 2020

Actions


Actions
John 20: Now the first day of the week Mary Magdalene went to the tomb early, while it was still dark, and saw that the stone had been taken away from the tomb. Then she ran and came to Simon Peter, and to the other disciple, whom Jesus loved, and said to them, “They have taken away the Lord out of the tomb, and we do not know where they have laid Him.”

============

Curiosity drove me to beg to leave the porch. It had stopped raining and I wanted to chase it. When I got permission, I ran to the next block. It had moved. So I ran to the next block with more determination. Unfortunately it had moved again. I could not catch the rainbow.

  • Sometimes I am driven by curiosity.
  • Sometimes I am driven by worry and doubt.
  • Sometimes I am driven by selfishness.


Mary Magdalene was driven to go back to the tomb on the first day of the week. She “saw” the rolled away stone and “ran” to the disciples to “tell” what happened. All of her actions were driven with the utmost urgency.

  • GOD wants me to have urgency when thinking about others.
  • GOD wants me to seek a relationship with HIM daily.
  • GOD wants me to desire to tell other people about the great things HE has done for me.


Believing, praying, telling, loving and worshipping are only a few actions GOD wants me to do regularly. But I cannot do these actions alone. It takes the spirit of GOD to move me to do things that are in HIS will. Yes, I can do actions that are pleasing to me or make me look good, but those will be summed up as worthless.

GOD sees all that I do and say. HE rewards the actions that are motivated to serve HIM. I am glad HE sees me when no one else does.

  • Are you doing things to specifically please GOD?
  • Are you seeking a relationship with GOD daily?
  • Will you listen to GOD today and serve who HE guides you to?


No comments:

Post a Comment