Monday, February 10, 2020

All In


John 20: 24 Now Thomas, called the Twin, one of the twelve, was not with them when Jesus came. 25 The other disciples therefore said to him, “We have seen the Lord.”

So he said to them, “Unless I see in His hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and put my hand into His side, I will not believe.”

26 And after eight days His disciples were again inside, and Thomas with them. Jesus came, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, “Peace to you!” 27 Then He said to Thomas, “Reach your finger here, and look at My hands; and reach your hand here, and put it into My side. Do not be unbelieving, but believing.”

28 And Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!”

29 Jesus said to him,  “Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”

============

“Your turn” they said to me as they handed me the skateboard. I had barely been on one, let alone attempted what I was about to try. The makeshift ramp consisted of wobbly bricks, precariously placed under a board found in a field somewhere. I saw the others make it over the ramp, but I had doubts. I reserved energy by not skating fast to soften the fall. I did fall.

  • Sometimes I get so scared that my solutions cause me to fail.
  • Sometimes I think about my safety instead of thinking about the leap I need to take.
  • Sometimes I remember getting hurt more than I remember being protected.


Thomas had doubts that everyone had seen the LORD. He may have been fooled before by others who claimed to be CHRIST and wasn’t going to fall for it again. BUT JESUS was merciful and returned specifically for Thomas. JESUS gave him the proof he needed and also gave a word on belief.

  • GOD wants me to believe with my whole heart.
  • GOD wants me to believe without doubt.
  • GOD wants me to believe as a child but grow as a spiritual adult.


“Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed” are the words I get excited over. I mean believing in JESUS without having seen HIS miracles HE performed thousands of years ago is amazing. Only the HOLY SPIRIT can enable someone to believe in this day and age.

JESUS says to those who believe without seeing, “Your faith is something special.” That’s the “Blessed” part of HIS statement. When I believe JESUS will do exactly as HE said HE would do, without doubt, I am blessed. I am excited for GOD’s amazing plan HE has for me to reach others.

  • Do you doubt GOD’s amazing plan HE has for you?
  • Do you think you should hold back so you can protect yourself?
  • Will you jump all the way in and thoroughly believe that GOD is excited about you today?


No comments:

Post a Comment