Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Wanting


John 20: 11 But Mary stood outside by the tomb weeping, and as she wept she stooped down and looked into the tomb. 12 And she saw two angels in white sitting, one at the head and the other at the feet, where the body of Jesus had lain. 13 Then they said to her, “Woman, why are you weeping?”

She said to them, “Because they have taken away my Lord, and I do not know where they have laid Him.”

============

Turning over in the warm bed, I woke up with a strange thought. “Why am I so rested?” I glanced at the clock and realized I had overslept. “ now had ten minutes to get dressed and run to the bus. I grabbed my stuff and ran, hoping along the way. With only a few houses to pass, I could see the bus pull off. I would be late. It was raining.

  • Sometimes I really want something.
  • Sometimes I really desire to get what I want.
  • Sometimes I really get upset when I do not get what I want, especially if it is not something “bad” for me.


Mary stood at the tomb weeping. She came to the tomb wanting to see a dead body. Maybe if she saw the dead body enough, she could let go. But there was a problem. JESUS was gone. Two angels asked Mary “Why are you weeping?” as if to say “What do you want?” Mary wanted a dead body.

  • GOD wants me to want HIM.
  • GOD wants me to believe in HIS mighty power.
  • GOD wants me to place “my” wants in HIS hands so I can remain calm and get excited over HIS timing and the way HE does things.


Not knowing the big picture, sometimes “my wants” may be misguided. Let’s get back to the bus story. I decided to walk to catch my next connection, one mile away. When I arrived, someone who was driving to the school recognized me and gave me a ride. I arrived early.

Not every problem is a problem. Yes I do not like going through problems, but I have come to understand that something good comes on the other side. Mary would soon find out that she should not want a dead body, rather a risen Savior. I do not know what today brings but I want what GOD wants.

  • What do you want?
  • Do you desire for everything in your life to be smooth and without problems?
  • Will you give your “wants” over to GOD and allow HIM to show you HIS plan HE has for you today?



No comments:

Post a Comment