Monday, February 17, 2020

Willing to restore


John 21: 15 So when they had eaten breakfast, Jesus said to Simon Peter, “Simon, son of Jonah, do you love Me more than these?”

He said to Him, “Yes, Lord; You know that I love You.”

He said to him, “Feed My lambs.”

16 He said to him again a second time, “Simon, son of Jonah, do you love Me?”

He said to Him, “Yes, Lord; You know that I love You.”

He said to him, “Tend My sheep.”

17 He said to him the third time, “Simon, son of Jonah, do you love Me?” Peter was grieved because He said to him the third time, “Do you love Me?”

And he said to Him, “Lord, You know all things; You know that I love You.”

Jesus said to him, “Feed My sheep. 18 Most assuredly, I say to you, when you were younger, you girded yourself and walked where you wished; but when you are old, you will stretch out your hands, and another will gird you and carry you where you do not wish.” 19 This He spoke, signifying by what death he would glorify God. And when He had spoken this, He said to him, “Follow Me.”

============

Returning to the job, after sneaking off, the supervisor expressed his disappointment. I smelled like cooked food because I did just that. “I expect this from everyone else, but you… you disappointed me. I wish I could erase the mistake.

  • Regrets are difficult to overcome.
  • Regrets make me think of what I could have done right?
  • Regrets play in my mind over and over without a cure.


Peter had denied JESUS in front of HIM and others before HE was crucified. JESUS, being risen, asked him “Do you love ME?” Peter says, “Of course.” BUT JESUS asks again and again. This would get to Peter’s heart response, rather than his head.

  • In order to be restored, I must seek restoration.
  • In order to be restored, I must humble myself.
  • In order to be restored, I must recognize the One who restores.


GOD is not an egomaniac, HE is GOD. HE wants me to see I need HIM to restore me because I cannot restore myself. I can’t tell HIM how good I have been, or how bad someone else has been. GOD hears me when I say “I have sinned and need YOUR mercy.”

When HE hears this, HE does something amazing. HE gives me something to do. HE says “Feed MY lambs, tend MY sheep and feed MY sheep.” This means I am to go and follow HIM so I can be restored. HE is willing to restore.

  • Have you messed up and have not admitted it?
  • Do you think you need restoration, but are too proud to seek it?
  • Will you stop trying to justify your position and seek restoration from GOD today?


No comments:

Post a Comment