Thursday, November 19, 2020

Adjust the Approach

 

Adjust the Approach

Acts 26: “I too was convinced that I ought to do all that was possible to oppose the name of Jesus of Nazareth. 10 And that is just what I did in Jerusalem. On the authority of the chief priests I put many of the Lord’s people in prison, and when they were put to death, I cast my vote against them. 11 Many a time I went from one synagogue to another to have them punished, and I tried to force them to blaspheme. I was so obsessed with persecuting them that I even hunted them down in foreign cities.

 

============

 

After learning a little about the Bible, I wanted to put the information to use. When told about a couple living together, my immediate response was “They shouldn’t be doing that” in a condemning tone. This was way after I had sex without being married in college. I figure that I could tell people what they were doing wrong, now that I learned something.

 

  • There were times when I thought my approach was right.
  • There were times when I read the Bible and brought judgment on people.
  • There were times when I overlooked my sins to point out the sins of others.

 

Paul confessed he had the wrong approach. He told King Agrippa that he was very zealous about learning the Jewish customs, so he became a Pharisee. He judged people for believing in JESUS as the Messiah, which seemed counter to what he learned. He persecuted many and applauded their death. BUT GOD had a different plan for Paul.

 

  • GOD wants me to see people as AHE sees them.
  • GOD wants me to give HIM my judgement in exchange for HIS peace.
  • GOD wants me to love one another as HE has loved us.

 

Seeing the world as “us” is difficult sometimes. I mean, when people dream of new kinds of hatred and lusts daily, who can teach GOD’s message of love. BUT GOD knows what is going on. HE simply needs me to be consistent in my love to those HE sends me to.

 

GOD sees my heart and knows how wicked it can be. HE cleans it out and places HIS SPIRIT in it. HE gives me purpose, namely to bring people to HIM. HE says “MY grace is sufficient” and I believe it. I am grateful HE cares for people like me.

 

  • Are you judging someone?
  • Do you easily see their flaws and overlook your own?
  • Will you allow GOD to deal with “that” person and ask HIM to adjust your approach to spreading the good news about JESUS, today?

No comments:

Post a Comment