Friday, November 6, 2020

Peace Broken

 

Peace Broken

Acts 24: 17 “After an absence of several years, I came to Jerusalem to bring my people gifts for the poor and to present offerings. 18 I was ceremonially clean when they found me in the temple courts doing this. There was no crowd with me, nor was I involved in any disturbance. 19 But there are some Jews from the province of Asia, who ought to be here before you and bring charges if they have anything against me. 20 Or these who are here should state what crime they found in me when I stood before the Sanhedrin— 21 unless it was this one thing I shouted as I stood in their presence: ‘It is concerning the resurrection of the dead that I am on trial before you today.’”

 

============

 

After completing the project with success, I felt a sense of accomplishment. Everything I did in my power worked well. But there were some who did not like the accomplishment. For whatever reason, they wanted to tarnish the accomplishment with innuendoes and conjectures. I felt blamed versus being able to celebrate.

 

  • There have been many times when people tried to rob me of peace.
  • There have been many times when people stirred up the crowd, trying to deflect showing their faults.
  • There have been many times when people were against me for doing something good.

 

Paul continues to explain why he was being blamed. He told the governor how he came into Jerusalem with peaceful actions to provide for the poor. He then explained how he knew the Law and observed them by being ceremonially clean. He asked that his accusers present evidence of wrong doing.

 

  • GOD want me to seek HIS peace daily.
  • GOD knows there will be people who will try to steal my peace.
  • GOD gives me peace that surpasses all understanding.

 

Peace is a weapon that cannot be stolen. I mean, when someone brings me disturbing news or acts devious towards me, peace is there as a weapon against my foe. When JESUS tells me to “have peace” HE enables me to use peace in the middle of the storm.

 

Peace is a choice. When I realize GOD is in control or the difficult situation, I can then give it over to HIM, knowing HE has the best outcome. HE is always looking for me to be doing something better for HIM. The situation is only the catalyst for the next great adventure HE has for me. I am grateful GOD protects me and gives me peace.

 

  • Is your peace broken by someone?
  • Has someone cause you to worry or doubt?
  • Will you use GOD’s peace as a weapon so you can be filled with HIS strength today?

No comments:

Post a Comment