Thursday, November 19, 2020

Recruited

Recruited

Acts 26: 12 “On one of these journeys I was going to Damascus with the authority and commission of the chief priests. 13 About noon, King Agrippa, as I was on the road, I saw a light from heaven, brighter than the sun, blazing around me and my companions. 14 We all fell to the ground, and I heard a voice saying to me in Aramaic, ‘Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me? It is hard for you to kick against the goads.’

 

15 “Then I asked, ‘Who are you, Lord?’

 

“ ‘I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting,’ the Lord replied. 16 ‘Now get up and stand on your feet. I have appeared to you to appoint you as a servant and as a witness of what you have seen and will see of me. 17 I will rescue you from your own people and from the Gentiles. I am sending you to them 18 to open their eyes and turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, so that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in me.’

 

============

 

“We heard about you” were the strange words from the person on the phone. “How would you like to work for another company?” I wasn’t looking for a job at the time, but the recruiter presented the opportunity so well that I had to investigate.

 

  • There have been times when I have been recruited.
  • There have been times when I have been sought after.
  • There have been times when I was not looking for something, yet the something found me.

 

Paul continued explaining his background to King Agrippa. He mention how JESUS stopped him from going to Damascus to kill more people who truly followed GOD. JESUS told Paul that HE was “Appointing him as a servant.” JESUS sought after Paul.

 

  • GOD wants me to be HIS servant.
  • GOD pursued me when I was not looking for HIM.
  • GOD opened my eyes and turned me from darkness to light.

 

Belief that I live in darkness is hard to do when there is artificial light. I mean, when things are semi-good, it is hard to see that I need help. BUT GOD sees something different. HE sees the total darkness the world is in.

 

GOD recruits people to see JESUS as the Savior of the world. HE opens their eyes to the false light Satan provides. GOD wants all to be saved, but knows some will choose not to believe in JESUS. I gladly accept GOD’s recruitment to tell people about eternal salvation through JESUS.

 

  • Are you living so comfortably that you think you do not need JESUS?
  • Do you believe in the world’s philosophies more than the leading of the HOLY SPIRIT?
  • Will you allow GOD to recruit you into telling people about how JESUS died for your sins and is now alive, forgiving you for all eternity? 

No comments:

Post a Comment