Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Kindness

 

Kindness

Acts 27: When it was decided that we would sail for Italy, Paul and some other prisoners were handed over to a centurion named Julius, who belonged to the Imperial Regiment. We boarded a ship from Adramyttium about to sail for ports along the coast of the province of Asia, and we put out to sea. Aristarchus, a Macedonian from Thessalonica, was with us.

 

The next day we landed at Sidon; and Julius, in kindness to Paul, allowed him to go to his friends so they might provide for his needs.

 

============

 

Planning my day, I thought of all that I had to do. As I crept towards the toll booth, I could see the building where I worked. This let me know I had to be ready. When I got to the window to pay, the attendant said, “You can go. The driver ahead of you paid your toll.” I stopped thinking about work for a moment and was thankful.

 

  • I have experienced many kind acts.
  • I have experienced times when people have done kind things, just for me.
  • I have experienced kindness and it made me thankful.

 

Paul and the other prisoners were being transported to Rome. Paul had appealed to Caesar for his defense, but had done no wrong. Many people knew Paul was innocent. Julius, a centurion, decided to do something. He decided to be kind to Paul.

 

  • GOD wants me to be kind to people.
  • GOD wants me to use kindness to bear fruit.
  • GOD wants me to remember to be kind to people so my heart will be filled.

 

Empty distracted hearts easily forget to be kind. I mean, the distractions of the world can lead to hurt and pain. BUT GOD steps in and sends HIS servants to be kind in the middle of a doom-filled situation. From giving me a ride to simply smiling at me, many people have been kind.

 

Acts of kindness from others prompts me to be kind to someone that day. But when I am flustered and it seems like a lot of problems are rushing at me, I can use kindness as a weapon. I may only have the strength to smile at people, but it makes the problem smaller and smaller. I am glad people have used the fruit of the Spirit by being kind to me.

 

  • Have people been kind to you?
  • Are you easily provoked to anger, jealousy and rage?
  • Will you trade in your hurt for kindness, so you act can be remembered by GOD today?

No comments:

Post a Comment