Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Incredible Credit

 

Incredible Credit

Acts 26: “The Jewish people all know the way I have lived ever since I was a child, from the beginning of my life in my own country, and also in Jerusalem. They have known me for a long time and can testify, if they are willing, that I conformed to the strictest sect of our religion, living as a Pharisee. And now it is because of my hope in what God has promised our ancestors that I am on trial today. This is the promise our twelve tribes are hoping to see fulfilled as they earnestly serve God day and night. King Agrippa, it is because of this hope that these Jews are accusing me. Why should any of you consider it incredible that God raises the dead?

 

============

 

“Self-promote” was the suggestion to get ahead in corporate. I was always taught that hard work speaks for itself. I pondered how I was going to implement promoting myself and take credit more often.

 

As I was driving my family out of town, I hit a huge pool of water on the pavement. The car spun around and around then came to a stop. With trucks on the highway, it was incredible no one hit us. I could not take credit for this miracle of deliverance.

 

  • Incredible things have happened in my life.
  • I have seen Incredible things that humans would normally take credit for.
  • There have been some unexplained incredible things that happened to me that can only be explained one way.

 

Paul continues to explain his defense to King Agrippa. He said he was raised religious and became a Pharisee. This is the group of people that murdered JESUS for saying HE was and is GOD. Paul then asks “Why should any of you consider it incredible that GOD raises the dead?

 

  • GOD wants me to believe in HIS incredible power.
  • GOD wants me to believe in HIS SON, who was incredibly raised from the dead.
  • GOD wants me to believe in HIS incredible plan HE has for me.

 

Incredible is only natural for GOD. I mean, HIS power is not my power, HIS ways are not my ways, and HIS thoughts are not my thoughts. HIS power is incredible when I see and hear about HIS miracles. I am grateful GOD includes me in HIS incredible plan.

 

  • Are you trying to figure out GOD using human rationality?
  • Are you giving humans more credit than you should?
  • Will you look at what GOD is doing and see the incredible things HE performs daily?

No comments:

Post a Comment