Thursday, November 5, 2020

Same Hope

 

Same Hope

Acts 24: 10 When the governor motioned for him to speak, Paul replied: “I know that for a number of years you have been a judge over this nation; so I gladly make my defense. 11 You can easily verify that no more than twelve days ago I went up to Jerusalem to worship. 12 My accusers did not find me arguing with anyone at the temple, or stirring up a crowd in the synagogues or anywhere else in the city. 13 And they cannot prove to you the charges they are now making against me. 14 However, I admit that I worship the God of our ancestors as a follower of the Way, which they call a sect. I believe everything that is in accordance with the Law and that is written in the Prophets, 15 and I have the same hope in God as these men themselves have, that there will be a resurrection of both the righteous and the wicked. 16 So I strive always to keep my conscience clear before God and man.

 

============

 

Passionately, I spoke “my side” of the plan. The other person spoke theirs. We had different ways of approaching the problem. The person we were both appealing to spoke up. “The goal is the same.” When I heard this I saw how other people could have a perspective on problems.

 

There were times when “they” were wrong and “I” was right.

There were times when “I” wanted to get “my” way.

There were times when it was “me” against “them.”

 

Paul was allowed to speak in his defense. He told the governor that he has the same hope as his accusers. That hope is in the resurrection of both the righteous and the wicked. Paul then says something peculiar. He mentions he tries to keep his conscience clear before GOD and man.

 

GOD wants me to have a great relationship with HIM through HIS SON JESUS.

GOD wants me to believe in HIS command to love one another.

GOD wants me to seek HIS kingdom, telling people about JESUS to those who will hear it.

 

Arguments over GOD and JESUS are the last thing GOD wants. I mean, HE has given me peace in my salvation, why should I disrupt that peace with an argument or a bullying tactic? GOD will raise everyone, unfortunately those who do not believe in HIS SON will suffer eternally.

 

This makes me uneasy. GOD wants no one to perish, so I should feel the same way. HE has placed HIS HOLY SPIRIT in me and that makes me want to have everyone around me believe in the one who sent HIM, namely JESUS. I believe in the same hope which is the resurrection of all to stand before GOD someday.

 

 

What are you placing your hope in?

Do you believe in politics more than JESUS?

Will you place your hope in JESUS, so HE can give you’re the HOLY SPIRIT to live inside you and guide you to the path HE wants you on today?

No comments:

Post a Comment