Monday, November 2, 2020

Safe Delivery

 

Safe Delivery

Acts 23: 31 So the soldiers, carrying out their orders, took Paul with them during the night and brought him as far as Antipatris. 32 The next day they let the cavalry go on with him, while they returned to the barracks. 33 When the cavalry arrived in Caesarea, they delivered the letter to the governor and handed Paul over to him. 34 The governor read the letter and asked what province he was from. Learning that he was from Cilicia, 35 he said, “I will hear your case when your accusers get here.” Then he ordered that Paul be kept under guard in Herod’s palace.

 

============

 

Feeling uneasy, I went back to the hotel room. I was parting from the company after more than a decade of work there. A new group came in and decided to clean house. I had faced this before, but this time it was different. I feared my physical safety. I was relieved when I was dropped off at the airport.

 

  • There have been times when I felt uneasy.
  • There have been times when I feared for my life.
  • There have been times when I needed protection and did not know where to turn.

 

Paul was surrounded by over 400 soldiers. When they arrived far enough, the cavalry went all the way to his destination, while the other soldiers returned to the barracks. Paul was protected all the way to the next place.

 

  • GOD wants me to seek HIS protection.
  • GOD says to me “Do not be afraid.”
  • GOD watches over me when I am in the presence of my enemies.

 

There is no situation GOD does not know about. It may be confusing or even scary that I don’t know what is going on. BUT GOD does. HE knows the situation and has factored in someone else’s evil in HIS great plan for me. Any robbery of earthly treasures from me is noted by GOD. HE rewards me with heavenly treasures that cannot rot or rust. I place my trust in GOD.

 

  • Are you feeling uneasy about your situation?
  • Do you feel unsafe?
  • Will you continue to put your trust in GOD, knowing HE is the only one who can deliver you to safety today?

No comments:

Post a Comment