Monday, November 30, 2020

Provide a Warning

 

Provide a Warning

Acts 27: Much time had been lost, and sailing had already become dangerous because by now it was after the Day of Atonement.  So Paul warned them, 10 “Men, I can see that our voyage is going to be disastrous and bring great loss to ship and cargo, and to our own lives also.” 11 But the centurion, instead of listening to what Paul said, followed the advice of the pilot and of the owner of the ship. 12 Since the harbor was unsuitable to winter in, the majority decided that we should sail on, hoping to reach Phoenix and winter there. This was a harbor in Crete, facing both southwest and northwest.

 

============

 

Hearing the guy make jokes in a serious meeting, I cringed for his career. I mean, this meeting was with the senior executives of the company and he insisted on telling his joke. When another meeting was scheduled, I thought to myself, “I should warn him.” I did not follow my heart and remained silent. He joked again and got fired.

 

  • There are actions of others that I used to think were out of my control.
  • There are actions of others that I used to feel “It’s their fault if they hurt themselves.”
  • There are actions of others that I saw coming, yet I did not provide them with a warning.

 

Paul saw the dire situation they were in and tried to warn everyone of the danger. It was already after the Day of Atonement, meaning it was fall and winter travel would be even more treacherous. The centurion heard the warning but did not listen. Paul had done what he was supposed to do.

 

  • When GOD tells me to warn someone, I have to listen.
  • When GOD warns me of something that is against HIS will I have to warn others.
  • When GOD places a caution sign on the path of someone, HE wants me to heed the warning and make HIS point as clear as possible.

 

Letting someone fail is sometimes a good tactic. I mean, tough love provides hard lessons. But sometimes GOD steps in and wants me to provide a warning. Over and over GOD has warned me and the times I did not listen were difficult. But when I listened to GOD’s warnings, I bared fruit.

 

When GOD says “Warn that person”, HE is trying to do a marvelous work. Warnings from GOD are not born from fear, rather HIS sovereignty. GOD said “But if you do warn the wicked person and they do not turn from their wickedness or from their evil ways, they will die for their sin; but you will have saved yourself.” I am glad HE send people to warn me.

 

  • Has GOD opened your eyes to something?
  • Do you see something wrong, but were going to remain silent?
  • Will you open your mouth and provide HIS warning today?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment