Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Ego Food

 

Ego Food

Acts 24: Five days later the high priest Ananias went down to Caesarea with some of the elders and a lawyer named Tertullus, and they brought their charges against Paul before the governor. When Paul was called in, Tertullus presented his case before Felix: “We have enjoyed a long period of peace under you, and your foresight has brought about reforms in this nation. Everywhere and in every way, most excellent Felix, we acknowledge this with profound gratitude. But in order not to weary you further, I would request that you be kind enough to hear us briefly.

 

============

 

Bowing down to the rich and powerful was a lesson in the leadership class I attended. “Feed their ego” was part of the lesson. After doing this for a number of years, I found human success, but felt I failed miserably following GOD.

 

  • There were times when I bowed down to celebrities.
  • There were times when I worshiped those in power.
  • There were times when I overlooked the lack of true relationship with JESUS and flattered people, in hopes of getting my way.

 

The church leaders got their story together and went to present it against Paul. The lawyer started his argument with flattery, showing his alliance with the governor. A few days prior, they met with people who wanted to secretly murder Paul for preaching about JESUS.

 

  • GOD wants me to point my life to HIM.
  • GOD wants me to be impressed by what HE does every day.
  • GOD wants me to give HIM credit for what I give credit to humans.

 

GOD is not impressed by fake flattery. HE has no ego, because HE is the Most High. HE is already the most powerful, all knowing, all seeing being. Any flattery I give to another human in hopes to get something is practically wasted.

 

I mean, genuinely complimenting someone is welcome, but fake flattery to manipulate the circumstance is not. GOD hears every word I say and will use them for or against me when I stand In front of HIM someday. I give my praise to JESUS today, who is my Savior.

 

  • Who are you following?
  • In the past year, who’s name have you mentioned the most?
  • Will you stop flattering the rich and powerful or stop flattering yourself, and point others to the one who has true power, namely JESUS?

No comments:

Post a Comment