Monday, November 16, 2020

Ask for Patience

 

Ask for Patience

Acts 26: Then Agrippa said to Paul, “You have permission to speak for yourself.”

So Paul motioned with his hand and began his defense: “King Agrippa, I consider myself fortunate to stand before you today as I make my defense against all the accusations of the Jews, and especially so because you are well acquainted with all the Jewish customs and controversies. Therefore, I beg you to listen to me patiently.

 

============

 

When the deadline approached, I was nowhere near complete. I had underestimated the school work because I had a job. I had to go to the professor and ask for an extension. It was a humbling experience.

 

  • There have been many times when I needed grace.
  • There have been many times when I needed mercy.
  • There have been many times when I needed someone to be patient with me.

 

Paul was speaking before king Agrippa and a huge crowd. He acknowledged the king’s knowledge of Jewish customs and controversies. Paul then asked for the king to have patience because he knew his story would be long.

 

  • GOD wants me to be humble enough to ask for patience.
  • GOD wants me to recognize when I need help.
  • GOD wants me to understand that I am at the mercy of others, so I need patience.

 

Asking for patience from someone is humbling. I mean, what if they say no? Asking for patience takes courage. When I need patience from someone, it usually means the person is in a position to enforce consequence on me or not help me when I need help.

 

GOD wants me to recognize the need for me to ask HIM to have patience with me. Even though HE is slow to anger, I still need to ask HIM to stay with me when I mess up. I am grateful HE will never leave me nor forsake me. GOD is patient with me.

 

  • Did you mess up with someone?
  • Do you need their mercy?
  • Will you humble yourself by confessing to GOD and ask for patience today?

No comments:

Post a Comment