Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Gracious Roadblocks

 

Gracious Roadblocks

Acts 25: Three days after arriving in the province, Festus went up from Caesarea to Jerusalem, where the chief priests and the Jewish leaders appeared before him and presented the charges against Paul. They requested Festus, as a favor to them, to have Paul transferred to Jerusalem, for they were preparing an ambush to kill him along the way. Festus answered, “Paul is being held at Caesarea, and I myself am going there soon. Let some of your leaders come with me, and if the man has done anything wrong, they can press charges against him there.”

 

============

 

After the third round of interviews, I knew I had the job. I mean, this was a very large company who needed people and I was willing to work for them. I waited a week and did not hear from them. I called and they told me that the position was put on hold. A week later the company announced they would cut 100,000 jobs.

 

  • There were times when I pouted about what was going on.
  • There were times when I wished something would play out the way I wanted.
  • There were times when I wanted things to go my way.

 

The church leaders wanted to assassinate Paul, so they tried to convince Festus to have him moved back to Jerusalem. Festus told the church leaders to come to Caesarea instead. Little did everyone know, Paul was being protected.

 

  • GOD knows the plans HE has for me, plans to prosper me.
  • GOD knows when I am about to be ambushed, so HE protects me.
  • GOD knows the best place for me and provides protection for me that I cannot see or understand.

 

Looking back on many roadblocks, I can see how I was being protected versus restrained. I mean, GOD opened up new paths I would have never traveled. HE changed the course of my life and protected me from fulfilling my lustful desires that would have ended up in doom.

 

When I think of a way, GOD always has a better way. HE watches over me and for that, I am truly grateful.

 

  • Are you facing a roadblock?
  • Does it seem like deliverance is coming too slow?
  • Will you allow GOD to protect you and see the roadblock or delay as part of HIS plan for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment