Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Influential

 

Influential

Acts 26: 30 The king rose, and with him the governor and Bernice and those sitting with them. 31 After they left the room, they began saying to one another, “This man is not doing anything that deserves death or imprisonment.”

 

32 Agrippa said to Festus, “This man could have been set free if he had not appealed to Caesar.”

 

============

 

Wanting to be more like this leader, I met his family. The wife was very poised and graceful and the kids were too. “How in the world did they get that way?” I asked myself. They were very influential.

 

  • I have met some very influential people.
  • I have met some people I wanted to be like.
  • I have met some people who seemed to be connected to everyone in an influential way.

 

King Agrippa heard Paul’s final defense. He, the governor and Bernice discussed the situation and could not find anything wrong with what Paul was doing. Bernice is mentioned a lot. Her prominence must have come from her influential style. Paul appealed to Caesar, avoiding the influences of those trying to kill him.

 

  • GOD wants me to be influential for HIM.
  • GOD wants me to be persuasive for HIM.
  • GOD wants me to be a life changer for HIM.

 

Influencing people happens whether I like it or not. I mean, I will influence people with what is in my heart. If my heart is greedy, I will always speak about money. If I lust for power, I will somehow work respect or taking over into the conversation. BUT GOD wants something different.

 

GOD wants me to have HIS love in my heart so I can persuade people to follow HIS SON. People make mistakes. I make a lot of them. HE wants me to overlook the mistakes and present the true solution. JESUS. I am grateful for the influencers HE sent to me.

 

  • What are you trying to persuade people to do?
  • Who has influenced you to be where you are?
  • Will you stop following human influences and allow JESUS to guide you through the HOLY SPIRIT today?

No comments:

Post a Comment