Friday, September 24, 2021

Getting Stronger

1 Corinthians 14: Take such lifeless musical instruments as the flute or the harp—how will anyone know the tune that is being played unless the notes are sounded distinctly? And if the one who plays the bugle does not sound a clear call, who will prepare for battle? In the same way, how will anyone understand what you are talking about if your message given in strange tongues is not clear? Your words will vanish in the air! 10 There are many different languages in the world, yet none of them is without meaning. 11 But if I do not know the language being spoken, those who use it will be foreigners to me and I will be a foreigner to them. 12 Since you are eager to have the gifts of the Spirit, you must try above everything else to make greater use of those which help to build up the church.

 

============

 

“Come help us” was the request. “But I don’t know how” was my response. “We’ll show you” was the response that made me feel comfortable enough to say “Yes I will help.” I was now part of the group.

 

  • I wondered if I would add value.
  • I wondered if I could handle the burden.
  • I wondered if I should just back off and not help.

 

Paul continues his explanation of spiritual gifts. One gift in question was that of speaking in tongues. An earlier explanation states that tongue speech that no one understands only edifies the person speaking. But if the words are interpreted, many people will be blessed. He then implores that people be part of something bigger, namely building up the church.

 

My Observation

  • GOD wants me to be part of helping build HIS church.
  • GOD wants me to use my gifts to build as often as I can.
  • GOD wants me to seek gifts that help be part of HIS solution.

 

Seeking to build GOD’s church is a privilege that is sometimes foreign. I mean, what good is building the church when I have problems of my own. GOD does something strange when I focus my attention on HIM.

 

In the middle of pain and weakness, GOD uses broken people to build one another up. HE loves when we come together to bring people to back to HIM. He provides me with a group that honors HIM and in turn, I become stronger even though my circumstance may remain. I gladly make myself available to seek any talent to help build GOD’s kingdom.

 

Challenge

  • How do you feel when someone speaks to you in a language you do not understand?
  • How do you think other people feel when you speak in a way they cannot understand?
  • Will you seek gifts that help build the church, helping people understand the love of CHRIST today?

No comments:

Post a Comment