Thursday, September 2, 2021

Desiring Good Body Health

 Desiring Good Body Health

1 Corinthians 11: 26 This means that every time you eat this bread and drink from this cup you proclaim the Lord's death until he comes. 27 It follows that if one of you eats the Lord's bread or drinks from his cup in a way that dishonors him, you are guilty of sin against the Lord's body and blood. 28 So then, you should each examine yourself first, and then eat the bread and drink from the cup. 29 For if you do not recognize the meaning of the Lord's body when you eat the bread and drink from the cup, you bring judgment on yourself as you eat and drink. 30 That is why many of you are sick and weak, and several have died. 31 If we would examine ourselves first, we would not come under God's judgment. 32 But we are judged and punished by the Lord, so that we shall not be condemned together with the world.

 

============

 

“If one of you is late, then all of you are late” were the words of the organization I was trying to join during college. This didn’t seem fair because there were always a couple of people who would always be late, who also were trying to join. When asked where are they, no one spoke up. I then made up something to protect them. “When one of you doesn’t tell the truth, all of you lie” was the reply. How did he know I was lying?

 

  • There were times when I wanted to protect myself so I would do or say anything to do so.
  • There were times when I thought “It was their fault I am being punished.”
  • There were times when I felt I was justified with an individual sin I did because those people “made” me do it.

 

Paul warns people about eating and drinking in a way that dishonors JESUS. He had already explained that the “body” should have unity, now he is addressing something more serious, namely the heart. He suggests staying away from proclaiming what JESUS has done by eating and drinking communion bread and wine until recognition of “the body” is accepted.

 

My Observations

  • GOD wants me to see all people as HIS.
  • GOD wants me to examine myself to see if I have any evil desires towards one of HIS children.
  • GOD wants me to turn from those evil desires by asking HIM for forgiveness.

 

Being forgiven by GOD seems unnecessary once I believed in JESUS for salvation, I mean I’m going to sin and didn’t HE forgive me for all my sins? Yes, however if I have the attitude that I do not need to follow what JESUS desires, am I in trouble? Possibly.

 

The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom. Having a healthy fear of GOD to me means I can see other people and desire the best for them, which is a saving relationship with JESUS. This doesn’t mean I or they won’t slip and sin, rather all of us will be guided by the HOLY SPIRIT to seek GOD’s kingdom first. I am not better than another person in HIS eyes. I am glad HE looks at all of us with HIS love.

 

Challenge

  • What do you notice about the seriousness of eating and drinking to proclaim HIS death until HE returns?
  • What do you see regarding how you treat others or “the body”?
  • How does self-examination affect health? Do you believe health can be affected by the heart?
  • Is there anyone in your heart that could be treated more honorably?

No comments:

Post a Comment